Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!

This is the Role play site you've been looking for.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:18 pm
s w i t c h .
a c c o u n t s

Latest topics
» Victory
by Lucius Mistwalker Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 pm

» Uninvited Guest
by Desi'Andrea Sabine Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:57 pm

» The Dusk Comes
by Bladewolf Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 pm

» Making Trouble
by Aleria Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:53 pm

» Lone Wanderings (Open)
by Noctis Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:46 am

» Coming Home (Blade)
by Bladewolf Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 pm

» Valkoine
by Admin Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:23 am

» Second Chances
by Lucius Mistwalker Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 am

» Mannix
by Mannix Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 am

» Reunion (Blaze + Kostas).
by Veita Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:41 pm

V O T E
m a k e . u s . # 1

Top 50 Wolf RPG

Last of the Wilds

100 Wolf Roleplay Sites

Intus Incednia's K9 Elites

Top 100 Canine Sites

100 Top Wolf RP Sites

Share | 

A Light for Sore Eyes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orchid
Able
Able

Character Sheet
Member Status: Kostas Pack Kostas Pack
PostSubject: A Light for Sore Eyes   Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:59 am

Silence graced the willows this dark night, a type of silence that held with it a sort of anticipation, as if the area was holding its breath. No creatures of the night sang out, the wind wasn’t even whispering, and the moon hid itself behind a cloud as to not intrude this calm. It was almost tangible, any who walked this path now would feel it, an ease to wash the worries away and the anticipation toward what was to come. What this was wouldn’t stay hidden longer, as the calm gave way more and more to anticipation and finally excitement. Something changed in the air; the willows did not seem so still, so silent, so empty. There was a presence there, one that seemed to spread all across the area, dancing, playing, celebrating until it gathered at one point. There the moon shone though, a single silver spotlight though the clouds. A gentle sweep of something that wasn’t quite wind moved a spot of freshly fallen snow, going in a perfect circle. This circle then started to glow, very softly at first so softly it could be mistaken by a trick of the eye, just the light of the moon atop the soft white surface. But then it was clear, that wasn’t the moon, it was something else, something glowing, something that held the joy of the presence. All at once a form emerged, jumping though this circle, flipping above it as the circle faded, to land on the snow where it once was.

Four legs, long, elegant and built for a mix of power, speed and endurance, a graceful yet somewhat bulky body, a upright and swaying tail, a head with a slim, feminine muzzle, a keen black twitching nose, a mouth pulled back in a victorious smile of fangs that picked up the moonlight, perked small pointed ears, and one keen, poised white eye. Across from that eye where its twin once was flower bloomed, an orchid made of light energy mixed with another energy, one that was within the body, a subtle darkness. Though not a true eye it would serve to determine the differences from light and shadows, and thus pick up movement. The figure shook its body, fur as white as the snow around it tussled this way and that before settling. The long, silky fur held tight to the body of the form, smooth and alight with not only the soft silver moonlight but also a soft glow that came from the body itself, a white aura around the body that extend out as the figure lifted its head to the sky, and to the moon that was now hidden then and again by the clouds but was never quite fully covered. The last time this form was seen in the land was at this spot two years ago, on a hot summer night with the light of the stars to greet them and all who came to say goodbye. In a move that could still be called elegant, even though it was a simple one, a paw lifted from the snow as a front leg swept back and the form opened its mouth to do what the figure and others of its kind did best. Howl at the moon.

But no, the wolf stopped closing its mouth end exhaling a warm breath onto the night. “No, I shouldn’t. That is not the howl for me to make, it is for her.” The words were like the peaceful ringing of a bell, a sound the night seemed to take joy in hearing a soft gust of wind ran though the willows. There was something in the voice, something beyond a dignified air, there was a wisdom, an ancient knowledge that would not be held by any mortal being. It was the voice as the one known as Light, a spirt, one nature knew was back from her own realm. A realm that called her back to help defend it with her family, a call so strong it pulled her current incarnation away from her own life to protect those she loved in a way only she could. But that was over now, the battle was won, the dust had settled and it was time for Light to step back in the mind she owned with her new life, and let the other side of the soul take over. The wolf that so loved the wind, loved to run, to play, would love this place. No doubt she’d celebrate loudly, bark, howl, sing, run though the willows, make them dance with wind. A smile found its way to Light. It was time for Kit to come home.

Closing her eye Light relaxed thinking of what lies within thinking of Kit and trying to reach her. “Come on, time for you to take your place here. I’m sure your pack misses you, Alpha or not I know they are your family. It’s time. Return to them.” Moments passed that seemed to exist only in Light’s mind, but those moments became minuets and there was no response. “Kit?” Searching deeper Light waited, she even tried to recede and have anything else that was there takeover. But nothing happened. There wasn’t even a voice, a whisper in her shared mind. Light and Kit knew the risks going into this, they both knew that Light could take over, become dominant, one mind one sou. Even so Light didn’t want to accept that, to her Kit had all the qualities she lacked and if she was to truly be herself, to feel complete, she needed Kit. “Kit!” Desperate she searched for something… anything but there was nothing, no voice, only silence. Wait, what was that? Wishful thinking? Was Kit there? Or had the unthinkable happened. Was she really and truly gone?

Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A Light for Sore Eyes   Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:09 am

B E N J A M I N . N E K I S H U
f a t h e r || a l p h a || e l e m e n t a l
t o p i c ss t a t i s t i c sp r o f i l e

"Fear reminds us we're alive."

A fresh sheet of snow crunched under paw, shifting slightly as weight was applied with each step lazily placed. Thoughts ran deeply this eve and emerald eyes gazed fruitlessly at the white world. The moon had been concealed behind light powdered clouds, though it's delicately powerful energy left an aura surrounding it by way of a ring, illuminating the clouds in the fire front as if it were a lantern on a thickly foggy night. It bled out an eerie beauty but left the willows unusually lacking heir pungent allure. It was as if the nightly assassin had drawn from it in selfishness - though it was better known that the moon didn't do such things.
The usual gaiety that this place often presented was stripped tonight and Benjamin knew that the magical that had been bestowed upon the land had brought inheritance of knowingness to the creatures that had called this place home for so long; there was a force at work.
For a moment massive paws would make a gradual halt whilst the ears would twist, allowing the male to stop and listen to the silence. He could feel it. That feeling of unease.
Emerald eyes became ablaze with a golden ring to encircle prior to peeking from under lowered brows.
His stoic posture stood alone, breath frosting upon the thick air surrounding.
And then, in a breath of wind seemingly generated from no where, the snow seemed to pick up ever so slightly. The brute knew magic when he felt it and took a step back, lips curling ever so slightly as he braced against the wind that picked up. His fur, a motley of red, dark grey and white - a winter coat - swayed adjacent to its proper direction sending chills beneath to caress his skin; and yet held fast. A soft growl stole from his closed maw in warning to whom ever was approaching his path and though they were a few yards away, he was sure they'd hear.
Chartreuse orbs locked upon the whirlwind. A single beam of light threw itself from betwixt the clouds, like God himself was to descend, but instead a form ascended from within the ground. The male instinctually  braced himself, muscles momentarily fastening in response.
The wolf, a color similar to freshly fallen snow, stood opposite and like clock work, the wind died down and the got beam had vanished.
The male stood in silence simply watching as it lifted its maw. Benjamin's head raised a fraction of a centimetre and through a slightly agape mouth tried to find a scent. The lack of wind was no favour to him, but there was something distinctly familiar about that wolf. He could not put his paw on it. Why was it simply standing, he wondered for a moment of he should make himself known; but decided to wait.

"speech."
Thoughts.
Art/Code by Eclipse- Do not use without permission!

"The only time a man can truly be brave

- u n k n o w n
Back to top Go down
http://thekumariwolves.ohmylife.net
Orchid
Able
Able

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A Light for Sore Eyes   Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:31 pm

Time passed yet no answer came to Light. The female wasn't quite able to place what ran thrugh her mind, anger, fear, panic, and regret all seemed present in some mix but what good than any of them do her? What she needed now was calm, peace, and above all determination. A sudden breath warmed the night air as a frustrated huff escaped her along with a sudden downward shake of her head. "Alright, I need to be calm and... hum?" Her head raised with hear ears slowly turning, there was another here. Muzzle to the air she inhaled taking in the scent of a nearby body. Warmth, scent, sound, she almost forgot what it was like in this realm. Refreshing was a word for it, the solid ways of this world helped to make her feel alive. With this life, in this world, she could use something solid to anchor herself, remind herself that things could be stable despite change as could she. With a slight warmth of hope filing her chest she turned, might as well face who was there with her now, face the fact that if one was here to greet Kit that would be....difficult, yet she could not leave anyone who showed up without an answer. Besides, no doubt the curious would come, those in the land that could pick up her energy and come with simple curiosity, good intentions, or ill will.

Tail swishing, her form turned to face that of the wolf near her, her steps were not those that held any challenge, the move was smooth and easy not sudden and threatening. Head at a moderate height to give no challenge, but tail still up to show she was not one to bow down to any her single eye took in the form of the male before her. The form smelled of burnt wood, and by it's bulk was not some pup. Wait, those colors, that pattern, she knew this wolf, it was one she would not forget. Slowly a word slipped into the silence between them. "Benjamin." It would be a lie to say that the male and Kit did not have their issues, yet the one with ties to demons was here that summer night. How would he react to her? It was not if she hated the male, but that demonic side of his was not something she was a fan of. Demons, cursed creatures, pathetic beings of darkness, twisted souls that haunted this land. While her job was to return balance to souls in chaos, or destroy those that cant be set right, there was always a certain pleasure when dealing with demons that it would only be foolish to deny. With that thought in mind it felt obvious to her now the status of this land. There were demons here, and it seemed an unspoken tension on the land. One with keen enough scenes could feel it, practically taste it. And what were wolves but those who knew how to listen to the land?

Striding forward with soft crunches of snow under paw she kept the distance between them a comfortable one, but one that would also make for easy talking. "It has been some time, for you, for me, and for her." The male was no fool and she knew that, anyone who knew Kit well could tell the subtle difference in her scent, her bulk, her voice, and know it was not Kit they were talking to. "And it seems time has brought change with it, as it often does. For the better or worse is as yet to be determined." A subtle tilt of her head made it easier to see him and his reaction. For now she would keep the news of Kit to herself, as she had said time brings change. It would be best to know if the feelings the male held towards her, towards Kit, were positive before she informed him of what was going on.

Back to top Go down
Bladewolf
Able
Able

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A Light for Sore Eyes   Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:09 pm

The resurgence of energy sent a ripple out through the various mediums for those who possessed the ability to feel it, of whom Blade was one. He had been drifting lazily though the shadows, just sort of monitoring what was going on with a detached frame of mind. There were times where, if he had been of the mind, he could have lost himself completely within the darkness and the ever watchful presence of the great unknown. The great unknown was the deity that he held himself to, this belief was one of the few things that he carried with himself between all of the different dimensions he had visited on his travel. Of course, his faith and trust in the great unknown was based upon the extra assistance he had received during the invasion of light all those years ago.

The ripple tore him away from the mindlessness of his observing, causing him to focus in on where it had come from. With this focus came the realization that Blaze was present. Focusing in on the spot, he materialized near the alpha male for his pack. As he materialized, the wind shifted, bringing a scent to him, that got him excited. Head snapping around, he saw the form from who the scent originated, and towards who he bounded excitedly. "KIT KIT KIT!" He exclaimed, almost slobbering over the words in his excitement. But, as he neared the form, the subtleties of the scent were realized, and, it was not Kit, well, it was, but, it wasnt. Blade stumbled to a stop, a few feet from the wolf. A sad look on his face, "No, not Kit, Light." The saddening realization swept over him, tinging the sad look he had with a bit of confusion.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A Light for Sore Eyes   Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Post..Notes.

"Fear reminds us we're alive."

B E N J A M I N . N E K I S H U
f a t h e r || a l p h a || e l e m e n t a l
t o p i c ss t a t i s t i c sp r o f i l e

After a long moment of pause the voice of the other reached him. His name was spoken softly into the void of forest, no wind to carry it upon, no light to behold the wolf except for that subtle hint of light that seemed to spill from the white wolf itself, dividing it from the surrounding white sea of snow.
His ears became erect and those emerald orbs were almost concealed by the lids that narrowed around them with a creased brow.
He recognised that voice. It sounded but a memory of a time not so long ago but softer, more like a bell ringing from that far off place - you hear it but you know you can never reach it; an echo. His massive front paws shuffled forward a step but halted when the wolf seemed to want less of a distance between them itself. He stood still, stoic. The crease in the males forehead evened out as the other approached and his posture came to stand tall, straightening the spine which had become curved with inquisition.
A sudden shift in the wind brought with it the well known scents of a friend turned foe with disbelief, longing and memories of irreversible emotional damage taken. His mouth fell open a touch enough to let the taste wash over his tongue. No, something was different. Just as Blade had materialised from within the shadows beside his flank did Benjamin find the conclusion he was looking for. [/i)"Light?"[/i] he breathed a hushed disbelief, barely audible by those that had an ear to his maw.
His head raised as Blade made an advance, he became rigid in defence but remained watching intently, his pack mate as he moved to take an embrace - but halted suddenly coming to the same realisation that Benjamin had come to a few seconds  prior.
Ignoring blade for the moment Benjamin nodded once before responding with a ginger voice, "Regression for the mean." there was a smile on those lips had one the sense to look that bit closer though it was not made obvious and he remained at distance.
Absinthe orbs swept the forest form Light to Blade, and back once more taking a long moment to mull thoughts over within his head.
He remembered when last he'd caught eye of the wolf that contained two friends; but now, he could feel only one.
He looked upon the hits would with speculation and craned his thick neck so that he could look at her from a different angle.
" The war.", he recalled not absent of a tone of indifference; then, louder, as if clarity and anxiousness had become him, he demanded in suspicion a little louder than anticipated - "Where is she?"

"speech."
Thoughts.

A T . A . G L A N C E
  • Immortal - Fully matured at age 25.

• Kostas Pack.

• Fire Elemental.

• Elite Fighter.

• Chaotic Neutral.

• Vigilant.

• Faithful.

• Even tempered

• Compliant.

• Tenacious.

See profile for full details.

T H R E A D. N O T E S

• Text here.

"The only time a man can truly be brave

- u n k n o w n
Back to top Go down
http://thekumariwolves.ohmylife.net
Orchid
Able
Able

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A Light for Sore Eyes   Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:50 am

The fact the male recognized it was her and not Kit was met with mixed emotions in her own mind. It would be for the best that he understood that much and yet the fact of who she was hurt, though perhaps she was not the only one it hurt. It seemed the conversation to come wouldn’t be limited to the two of them as she felt a shift in the energies around them; she sensed the presence joining them before seeing or scenting him and felt a pain like a stab in her heart. Blade, a wolf who Kit had long called her right hand man. The two of them had their share of struggles, spars, pack issues, time in the male’s own realm, deaths, victories, a few major pep talks and most of all friendship. He was so happy at first, to see him change, a male she rarely knew to be sad was reflected by a shift in her own eye, a subtle sadness, and a heavy sigh turned visible breath on the air. If it wasn’t for that she would have chuckled at how happy he first was, like a pup about to play with a close friend. That’s what they all were though, friends.

“Bladewolf. It is good to see you. You as well Benjamin.” Strange, the two shard a similar scent, like they were of the same pack. Even if there was mixed feelings, she knew that would make Kit happy, as it did her. Still that did not shake the heavy news she had for both of them, though there was still a reluctance to say what needed to be said. But, it seemed she wouldn’t have to start the conversation. Maybe that was a blessing, it meant they knew both her and Kit well enough to tell things were off. If so then maybe there was hope, it could be possible that there was some way to get Kit back. “I hope you can feel this Kit. Your friends, family, here looking for you.” Still there was no response but that wouldn’t stop Light from trying, she was just as stubborn as Kit and now that could only help.

Adjusting her stance so she could take both of them in she payed close attention to Blaze, his emotions, his words his subtle movements. He was just as worried as Blade was saddened. Past issues aside he was here now, and his focus was on Kit. Light nodded, that was evidence enough for her, for now at least. “I’m going to be upfront with you two. Kit is silent… I’d rather her be here, it’s her return home but I fear that… it’s very possible it has been too long. I’ve tried to reach her, tried to feel her, and yet only silence answers me. Although. With time, perhaps… yes maybe if I try.” It was subtle, but her head lowered a fraction as did her tail, her body became more relaxed and after a moment of stillness, she took one step forward but no more. Extending her head and letting her mouth fall open some she took in the scent of the two, and all that came with it. The scent of the pack lands, of wolves, wilderness, family. There was a hint of those she did not recognize, though the touch of those she did brought back memories for her, though they weren’t all her memories.

Retracting her head she spoke. “Just… one moment I have an idea.” Though she was certain she could explain things better than that it seemed a better use of her time to focus while the memories were still there. “You know these, the scents, the feelings they evoke, the thoughts. Come now! Just a sign! A sign you’re still in there!” Reaching as deep as she could she focused, thinking, hoping, praying. Wait? What was that. Opening her eye she looked to the males before her. “There was something. She’s there somewhere. It was like a spark, a weak one, a distant whisper, as distant as if it were across a canon but a feeling. Somewhere deep down, Kit still exists.” There was no point in hiding her relief at the fact, there was nothing to hide among friends, at least she considered them friends even if their relationships were long ago, few, and somewhat rocky there was a feeling she could only place as positive she had with each of them, at the very least she was thankful they had done so much for Kit. Enough to reach her, as long as that wasn’t just wishful thinking… An idea came to her at that thought.

“She is faint, the other world has taken its toll on her, being in the back for so long at a place that was not home to her. However, if anything can bring it back, it is this land. The history in it, the feelings it evokes, as well as the feelings from those within it, friends, family. It will take time, and may be the longest of shots. But I think, with work, with help from family,” here she paused looking at the two for a moment “at the very least, a part of her will still exist within me.” Though it was a mix between hope and a hunch, for now at least she had a plan. “I can only hope that staying here, living in the land that is has been home for us both will reach her somehow. If it’s possible for her to come back we’ll get her back. Together.” Nodding to herself she looked to them in hope that they understood, two conflicting feelings she could not put into words, uncertainty and determination.  

Back to top Go down
Bladewolf
Able
Able

Character Sheet
PostSubject: Re: A Light for Sore Eyes   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:28 pm

((My bad))

"It's, uh, good to see you, uh, too." Blade replied, trying to sort himself back out, mind hurrying through things. As he listened to what Light was saying about Kit. "I, actually, know what it's like to fight back from something like that." He started, slowly, when the woman had finished speaking. "It was a really long time ago, back when the invasion of light was a current event. Titus and I had just finished helping my father escape from the castle. After we had escaped from grounds, a platoon of their troops had cornered us in tight quarters in a tunnel. I was the better warrior, but, also the one who knew the routes through the Shattered Maw mountain range to the coast. Titus stayed behind to buy us more time. I need to ask him how many he took down next time I see him." He said that part with a chuckle.

"Anyway, we fled, but, were hunted down again, this time at the bay where my dad caught his ship. I stood against what I swear had to be the bulk of their forces. After hours of fighting, my sword arm was nearly dead, thats when it happened. The Great Unknown blessed me with strength, but, took me from myself for a time. After the forces had been broken, i wandered the wilderness, as a mindless beast, for months. It was, finally, the sound of a crying child that brought me back to myself, took care of the kid, a little girl, until I could find a village. Turned out the one i found was the one she was from. Her folks were so grateful they named her after me, Danny." He then looked up, at the two of them. "Uh, sorry, you probably didnt want to hear that." He said sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Light for Sore Eyes   

Back to top Go down

A Light for Sore Eyes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1